Microlearning for Information Security Compliance Training
A client selling Information Security compliance courses wanted to add interactive microlearnings to their campaign offer to increase retention and learning.
- Subject Matter Experts were turning each microlearning into longer courses
- Scenarios had to use a maximum of 2 characters from a character pool with set personality traits
- Scenarios needed to link to existing courses content
- Scenarios had be diversified yet follow a certain structure
Scenarios often stay theoretical instead of showing real consequences of the learner’s choices
- To keep the microlearning to a short learning event, we concentrated on one behaviour we wanted the learner to adopt per microlearning.
- We created a dozen different situations (so far), using different characters and locations, using the following structure:
- After a short 2D animated situation, we ask the learner to help the character decide on the best course of action.
- When the learner selects an option, we show the consequence of that action instead of staying theoretical. For example, if the learner decides to click on an attachment in a phishing email, the character’s computer gets infected by a virus. If he decides to forward the phishing email to the IT Department, he gets congratulated.
- We finish the scenario with a general feedback where the characters explain a few best practices for that situation.
- At the end of the scenario, we give the learner the choice to rerun the scenario, trying different answers.
Would you like to start a project with us?
No organization or project is too small or too big. Just contact us and we'll help you.